You are here
Parade Code of Conduct
For many people, the Parade is the focal point of the Pride in London celebrations, and many thousands of people line the route to watch the thirty- thousand Parade participants doing their thing down the route from Portland Place to Whitehall.
Pride in London has a team of people who work through the year, and hundreds of stewards who work on Pride day itself, to make sure that the Parade passes safely and without incident. Building on feedback from previous years, and so that all participants are clear about what is expected of them - and what is not acceptable - we have developed a Code of Conduct that we require ALL Parade groups to agree to and sign.
Please note that...
- if you don't sign the Code of Conduct, you WILL be refused entry into the Parade
- regardless of who signs the Code of Conduct, it applies equally to every member of your group
- you are collectively responsible for behaviour within your group, and behaviour contrary to the Code of Conduct by any of your participants could lead to ALL of your group being IMMEDIATELY withdrawn from the Parade
- poor behaviour is likely to result in a refusal to include your group in the Parade in future years
The Code of Conduct
1. Pride in London is a celebration of diversity and equality and all participants in the Pride in London Parade are expected to embrace and respect this diversity and equality.
2. Any complaints in relation to this Code of Conduct should be raised with a Section Supervisor or Manager as soon as possible after the complaint has arisen. Complaints raised in the hours, days and weeks after the event can be difficult to investigate effectively.
3. Pride in London will not tolerate any threatening, violent or offensive behaviour against its volunteers, staff, other Parade participants, police, security personnel or members of the public by Parade participants. Any person behaving in such a manner WILL be removed from the Parade; their Group may also be removed at the sole discretion of Pride in London’s management team. Any fees paid will be forfeited.
4. Any individual making derogatory remarks about a person's sexuality, gender, gender identity, race, age, nationality, appearance, religion or any other factor WILL be removed from the Parade; their Group may also be removed at the sole discretion of Pride in London’s management team. Any fees paid will be forfeited.
5. Any individual infringing the bodily integrity of other participants WILL be removed from the Parade; their Group may also be removed at the sole discretion of Pride in London’s management team. Any fees paid will be forfeited. Pride in London will assist the police in dealing with any such incidents.
6. Participants should not expect to take part in the Parade if they are drunk or under the influence of drugs. Please act responsibly and limit alcohol consumption during the Parade form up and during the Parade itself.
7. Any person found to be in possession or under the influence of illegal substances will be reported to the police with whom we work closely to deliver a safe Parade.
8. A full report will be provided to the Community Advisory Board of any incident that falls within the remit of this Code of Conduct.
9. In all matters relating to this Code of Conduct, the decision of Pride in London Managers, Senior Managers, Event Managers and Event Directors will be final.
Share this page
Stay on top of Pride events
Sign up to receive occasional updates