You are here
Join the Parade
The Parade provides a platform for every part of London’s LGBT+ community (lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, queer, questioning, intersex, non-binary, asexual, polysexual, genderqueer and gender variant people) to raise awareness of LGBT+ issues and campaign for the freedoms that will allow them to live their lives on a genuinely equal footing. It gives us a chance to be visible and speak loudly to the rest of the city about what we have achieved, how far we have come and what is still needed.
Apply to be in the Parade
Applications for the parade are OPEN and will close on 30th April 2017, or earlier if capacity is reached.
If you have questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
|Small <50||Medium <100||Large >101||Small||Large|
Group types definitions
Our aim to assist all groups to be part of the parade and therefore pricing has been split as follows:
- Non-profit This is a charity, network group or social group, without a corporate affiliation or funding. Examples: registered charities, Universities, national and local government, NHS.
- Small business A small business is defined as one that does not have a turnover of more than £6.5million, and not more than 50 employees. Examples: limited companies, sole traders
- Standard rate All other groups. Examples: corporate groups, LGBT+ corporate branded network groups, with or without funding.
Please email email@example.com if you are unsure of your grouping.
|Small float||<2.5 metres||<6 metres||4 metres|
|Large float||<2.5 metres||<9 metres||4 metres|
Examples of float sizes
|Small float||Large float|
|Up to 4 motorbikes or bicycles||Flatbed lorry|
|Single car||Single trailer lorry|
|People carrier||Bus (single or double deck)|
|Transit van||Box van|
|Mini bus (15 seats)||XL wheelbase van|
|Car with short trailer||High polluting vehicles (eg. JCB)|
Key points to highlight
- Unlike in previous years, floats are categorised according to the space they take up
- Wristbands WILL be required for the 2017 Parade
- We are working to reduce waiting times in the parade form up area
- Form up will be a place to be and not just a place to wait, with more facilities than in previous years
- Parade group application guidance
- Walking Groups Specification and Health and Safety Requirements
- Floats and Vehicles Technical Specification and Health and Safety Requirements
Share this page
Stay on top of Pride events
Sign up to receive occasional updates