You are here
Parade code of conduct
Our code of conduct makes sure our Parade groups understand their responsibilities. It helps us keep the Parade a safe space for everyone.
We want everyone to be aware of what is and isn't acceptable at Pride. That's why we've developed this code of conduct, and why we're asking all Parade groups to sign up at the bottom of this page.
If you're a Parade group
- If you don't sign the code of conduct, you will be refused entry into the Parade
- The code of conduct applies equally to everyone in your group
- You are collectively responsible for behaviour within your group
- If anyone in your group does anything that is against the code of conduct, all of your group may be immediately withdrawn from the Parade
- We will be unlikely to accept any future application to join the Parade if you do not keep to the code
If you're watching the Parade
Our code of conduct outlines what you can expect from Parade groups. If you have any concerns on the day, please speak to one of our stewards. Abuse or threatening behaviour is not acceptable at Pride.
We will remove individual people or groups from the Parade if they behave inappropriately or make derogatory remarks about a person's sexuality, gender, gender identity, race, age, nationality, appearance or religion.
The code of conduct
- Pride in London is a celebration of diversity and equality and all participants in the Pride in London Parade are expected to embrace and respect this diversity and equality.
- Any complaints in relation to this code of conduct should be raised with a section supervisor or manager as soon as possible after the complaint has arisen. Complaints raised in the hours, days and weeks after the event can be difficult to investigate effectively.
- Pride in London will not tolerate any threatening, violent or offensive behaviour against its volunteers, staff, other Parade participants, police, security personnel or members of the public by Parade participants. Any person behaving in such a manner will be removed from the Parade. Their group may also be removed at the sole discretion of Pride in London’s management team. Any fees paid will be forfeited.
- Any individual making derogatory remarks about a person's sexuality, gender, gender identity, race, age, nationality, disability, appearance, religion or any other factor will be removed from the Parade. Their group may also be removed at the sole discretion of Pride in London’s management team. Any fees paid will be forfeited.
- Any individual infringing the bodily integrity of other participants will be removed from the Parade. Their group may also be removed at the sole discretion of Pride in London’s management team. Any fees paid will be forfeited. Pride in London will assist the police in dealing with any such incidents.
- Participants should not expect to take part in the Parade if they are drunk or under the influence of drugs. Please act responsibly and limit alcohol consumption during the Parade form up and during the Parade itself.
- Any person found to be in possession or under the influence of illegal substances will be reported to the police, with whom we work closely to deliver a safe Parade.
- A full report will be provided to the Community Advisory Board of any incident that falls within the remit of this code of conduct.
- In all matters relating to this code of conduct, the decision of Pride in London managers, senior managers, event managers and event directors will be final.