From 7:30pm to 11:00pm
A festival-style event celebrating LGBT+ equality and diversity with music, poetry and books.
Penguin Pride joins this year’s Pride in London week with an exclusive line-up of musicians, poets and authors for a landmark event marking 50 years since the partial decriminalisation of homosexuality in England and Wales.
Join the celebration on 5 July at the Proud Galleries in Camden where the spaces will be filled with live readings, panel discussions, spoken word performances, a photography exhibition and a message wall giving people the opportunity to share their stories using the #PenguinPride hashtag. The evening will culminate in an exclusive live performance from superstar headliner Kele Okereke (Bloc Party) on the main stage. Book your tickets now at the link below and kick off the summer season with this one-off night of festival-style fun in support of LGBT quality and diversity.
Full line-up details:
- Headline act – Kele Okereke
- Main support – Z-Star Delta
- Performance Poet – Toby Campion
- Performance Poet – Keith Jarrett
- Performance Poet – MC Angel
- Guest Speaker – Fox Fisher
Panel discussion features Paul Flynn, author of Good As You, Zee Gachette, Z-Star Delta, Matthew Todd, author of Straight Jacket , Fox Fisher, Trans Campaigner and Artistand Rebecca Stinson, Head of Trans Inclusion, Stonewall.
Hosted by Josh Rivers, Gay Times.
Stables area will feature:
• Pop-up photography exhibition curated by Penguin and Stonewall, looking back at the last 50 years
• Pop-up bookshop selling a range of LGBT focused titles
• Pop-up Stonewall merchandise and literature stall
Doors open 6:30pm, event starts 7:30pm.
£20 (£18 students) + £1.48 booking fee
- Accessible toilets
- Not assistance dog friendly
- No BSL interpretation
- Fully accessible
- No induction loop
- No speech to text
- Under £20
- Not family friendly
- No meet and greet
- Over 18s only
When you're there
- No gender neutral toilets
- May be alcohol
- May be crowds
- May be flashing lights
- May be loud noises