Who we are
Pride provides a platform for every part of London’s LGBT+ community (lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans*, queer, questioning, intersex, non-binary, asexual, polysexual, genderqueer and gender variant people) to raise awareness of LGBT+ issues and campaign for the freedoms that will allow them to live their lives on a genuinely equal footing. Our annual Parade through the heart of the West End gives us a chance to be visible and speak loudly to the rest of the city about what we have achieved, how far we have come and what is still needed.
Pride includes people of every race and faith, whether disabled or able-bodied, and all sexualities and genders including lesbian, gay, bisexual, asexual, queer, questioning, intersex, trans*, genderqueer, gender variant or non-binary as well as straight and cis allies. Pride in London is run entirely by volunteers. We came together as London LGBT+ Community Pride in 2012 to find a way to deliver a Pride that London deserves.
How is Pride run?
We have a voluntary board made up of independent directors. The board appoints people who it believes have the skills and experience to run Pride. Our senior managers make Pride happen and often manage teams of their own. We also have a Community Advisory Board, which scrutinises the decisions of the board and provides guidance on inclusivity and transparency.
Meet the board
We also have an amazing board of directors
- David Bloomfield, Director of Finance
- Alison Camps, Co-Chair and Director of Marketing
- Iain Walters, Deputy Director of Marketing
- James Holt, Director of Communications
- Alexander Webb, Deputy Director of Communications
- Siobhan Linard, Director of Operations
- Kirsty Wilkins, Deputy Director of Operations
- Patrick Lyster-Todd, Director of Community Engagement
- Steve Tayor, Deputy Director of Community Engagement
- Michael Salter-Church MBE, Co-Chair
- Polly Shute, Director of Development & Strategic Partnerships
- Mohsin Zaidi, Director of Secretarial and Legal
NB: Deputy Directors are not board members, but may deputise for their Director from time to time